Summit Brokerage offers a different cultural experience than most other independent broker-dealer firms.
- The company differentiates itself by recognizing that servicing clients is the most important thing their financial advisors do, while servicing the financial advisor is the most important thing it does.
- The firm is managed by former financial advisors who are committed to maintaining a culture of providing the highest standard in personalized service to each of its financial advisors and their clients. That commitment has allowed the Firm to twice be ranked as the nation's #1 independent boutique broker-dealer , , named the #1 Independent Broker Dealer twice , and voted as the Top 15, 25 and 50 independent broker-dealers by industry press.
- Summit's philosophy remains as it has from the start: treat its financial advisors as clients and build a firm based on honesty and candor while providing advisors with access to the best products and platforms.
With a network of more than 500 advisors operating from more than 400 offices throughout the United States, the financially strong company believes in transparency through reporting.
- It maintains a boutique firm of high-quality, high-producing financial advisors.
- With what Summit believes is one of the highest advisor retention rates in the industry, Summit provides a platform for independent advisors who want to get the most out of their careers or practice.
- Like big-name firms, Summit offers a full complement of investment products and services, including traditional brokerage services, fee-based products, annuities and other insurance-related products.
- And, it offers competitive payouts and provides business planning support, marketing programs and state-of-the-art technology.
Another significant cultural difference is on the compliance
front. Summit believes in the consultative approach—that is, working with its
financial advisors to develop highly compliant solutions to particular needs
and to make sure that all transactions meet regulatory and firm guidelines.
Evidence of this commitment to compliance can be seen in Summit Brokerage's
maintenance of one of the highest ratios of compliance personnel to financial
advisors in the industry, assuring that all matters are addressed timely and
Plus, advisors have full access to all levels of management. The Summit senior management team is focused on understanding the needs of their advisors, and work to meet those needs on a daily basis. Through the company's "Stay in Touch" program, members of the executive committee contact advisors quarterly to ensure their needs are being met and effective changes are implemented.
Ongoing comprehensive training programs include regional
workshops, on-site visits, online continuing education classes, peer-to-peer
networking sessions and an annual national convention. Through these training
programs advisors are kept up-to-date on new products, services and
regulations, and learn about practice management issues. The company also
provides its advisors with access to a wide variety of unbiased and
Through its clearing firms and other providers, Summit makes available updated, vital information on the latest news and stock information, as well as investment strategy reports and industry leading economic forecasts—all to help advisors stay on top of their game and keep their clients informed.
Nationally Published Magazine,
2008 & 2009
Investment News, Financial Advisor, Investment Advisor & Financial Planning
REP. Magazine, 2014